Get your ADHD parenting skills in shape during this 5-week Parent Bootcamp teleclass! You don’t want to miss this! It doesn’t matter where you live. All classes will be done via conference call, so whether you live in Nebraska, North Carolina, California or Australia, you can join us! Each class will be recorded and available to listen/download the next day. So even if you have to miss a live class, you won’t miss the information!
How does that work? Well, I’m glad you asked. After your register, you will receive a series of emails containing all the information you need including the phone number to call along with the access code to join each teleclass. It really is that simple.
Each class will be led by me, a professional certified ADHD coach. If you want to learn more about me and read my personal story, you can do that here. Here’s a peek at what we will cover:
- Week 1: What is ADHD?: Myths and Facts.
- Many parents take their children to the doctor where they are given a diagnosis and a brief description of ADHD or maybe handed a brochure (if they’re lucky). The doctor suggests which medication he/she prefers and the side effects are discussed. Many parents leave the doctor’s office feeling overwhelmed, maybe relieved to have an answer. But now what? What is ADHD? Where do we find reliable information? What does all this mean for my child? Unfortunately, this happens quite often. That’s where I come in. I’ll help you fill in the gaps, answer your questions and clue you in on what sources you can trust for information.
- Week 2: This is the Brain on ADHD.
- We have learned so much about the brain and ADHD due to advancements in technology. I’ll give you a general overview of the parts of the brain impacted by ADHD, and the correlation to your child/teen’s behavior. You’ll leave this class with more understanding of what your child is dealing with cognitively, as well as compassion and patience in parenting him/her.
- Week 3: Executive Skills and Functions: What are they and how does ADHD impact these skills.
- You’ll leave this class with more knowledge of your child’s weaknesses and strengths. I guarantee many lightbulb moments as you begin to understand why your child/teen struggles with certain skills. I’ll also mix in some tips on how to develop these lagging skills.
- Week 4: Parenting a Child with ADHD.
- Did you know that parenting a child with ADHD is twice as hard, if not more, than parenting a neurotypical child? You’ve got a hard, exhausting job, my friend. We’ll focus this class on my best parenting tips and how you can begin to grow your relationship with your child. There is a light at the end of the tunnel…I promise. (I’ve been at both ends.)
- Week 5: Back to School with ADHD.
- After this class, you’ll be all set with tips and tools to start the school year off on a positive note. We’ll talk about communicating to teachers, setting up morning, after school and evening routines, as well as organization for all those school papers. I’ll even touch on some good study habits.
Are you ready? Click the link below to register. I can’t wait to get to know you and help you on your parenting journey. If you have any questions feel free to comment below or email me at email@example.com.